We are looking for a talented lawyer to support our rapidly growing company in the Retail and Consumer businesses in Paris, France. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for advising the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
- Outstanding academic qualification (France strongly preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions
- Excellent English language skills that include the ability to draft and negotiate contracts.
- Hands-on project management experience, including excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments.
- Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- A team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization.