Our client, an international IT company is looking for a motivated commercial legal counsel who can support their sales growth in EMEA. The role will require legal expertise in cloud technology transactions across a variety of industries and markets, with a bonus for public sector.
Your responsibilities will focus primarily on our sales and operations in the EMEA South region. We will value your experience with GDPR and data protection law and the legal and business considerations that come with selling cloud to the enterprise. You will support sales, customer success, and partner teams with a main focus on drafting and negotiating sales agreements, contribute to process improvements, initiatives, and playbooks to help scale for growth and improve contracting process. You will partner with legal team members and other business functions to drive business objectives. Ideally located in Paris/France preferred.
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials.
- At least 10 years’ experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and enterprise software.
- In-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred.
- Excellent command of French and English (oral and written).
- You need to have an analytical mind and business minded approach to legal issues.
- You need to possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- To know how to priorities and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner.
- To possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- To be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.